Established in 1954, Mid-States Distributing Company, Inc. (“Mid-States”) is the leading Farm, Ranch and Home Retail Cooperative that unites Members to harness and leverage the collective capabilities, strengths and resources so that “Each and All” share, learn, grow, improve and maximize professional and personal well-being.
Our cooperative consists of 42 independent, privately held, financially sound Farm, Ranch & Home retailers (“Members”) who are committed and loyal to their fellow Members and the betterment of all. The Members have approximately 650+ retail store locations throughout the United States and Canada generating over $6 billion of annual retail sales. Our Members merchandise items such as agriculture parts & supplies, petroleum products, tools & hardware, pet food, lawn & garden, animal health supplies, apparel & footwear, sporting goods as well as other products for the Farm, Ranch and Home.
If you are interested in a career with Mid-States please submit your resume and an application to email@example.com. If we don’t have an opening currently, we will keep your application on file for 90 days.
Download Employment Application
Staff Accountant – Full Time
Staff Accountant – Full Time
- Daily matching, calculation of landed cost, and entry of inventory receipts.
- Daily matching of warehouse shipments. Backup/assist with invoicing of shipments.
- Reconciliation between PO, receipt, and supplier invoice, calculation of discounts, entry of direct shipment invoices and invoicing the member.
- Enter and bill Member for direct shipment freight invoices.
- Enter inbound freight and various miscellaneous non inventory invoices.
- Handle OSD (overage, shortage, damaged) requests to completion.
- Process inventory adjustments.
- Review bank account and inbox for Member payments. Backup/assist with entry of payments.
- Create and email monthly statements to Members. Follow up on past due invoices.
- Weekly ACH pull and check run.
- Assist with timely and accurate Month End Reporting general ledger close functions including journal entry calculations, balance sheet and bank account reconciliations and account analysis.
- Assist and support in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting Department.
- Support the year-end financial audit and annual tax filings and budget process and other financial reports and internal control functions as needed.
- Assist with analysis and processing of various vendor programs (growth, volume, defective, ad coop dollars, and other programs as they arise) with timely and accurate collection and disbursement and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment with a positive attitude and a “Hands on” willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Willingness to promote positive, respectful working relationships and working environment.
- Analytical, research and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written communication skills and effective, respectful verbal communication skills.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Self directed/motivated/takes initiative/project closure-completion driven.
- Organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Technical system knowledge and initiative to continuously improve processes.
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting principals.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in Accounting/Business/Finance
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant Accounting/Finance experience
- Experience with an Integrated ERP system
- Experience in inventory and/or distribution is strongly preferred
- Competitive Salary
- 401(k) with company match and profit sharing (upon meeting eligibility requirements)
- 10 Paid Holidays and PTO available after 90 days
- Employer pays 85% of health and dental premiums for employee AND family coverage when enrolled in base plan
- Employer HSA Contributions for eligible health plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts (General Medical, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care Reimbursement)
- Optional Vision Coverage
- Employer paid Term Life and AD&D Coverage and Long Term Disability
- Casual dress code
Submit an application (Click to download), cover letter and resume to recruiter@MSDist.com